THINKING PARTNERSHIP RETREAT
Do you find yourself interrupting others before they have finished speaking and offer your own reply?
Does your attention drift when listening to another?
“One of the most valuable gifts we can offer each other is the framework in which to think for ourselves” – Nancy Kline.
- Explore the ten components the Thinking Environment.
- Take part in Thinking Partner demonstrations to experience a metaphor of how we as human beings think and feel, together with the findings in how the mind thinks exceptionally well for itself and will continue to, before it needs a nudge from a thinking partner.
- Learn about the three levels of limiting assumptions.
- Discover the power of the precisely formulated incisive question that can remove limiting assumptions and create revival of creativity, clarity, rigour and courage.
The experience will take your listening and relationship building skills to new heights and is remarkably useful for leaders, coaches, mentors, teachers and parents, in fact everyone who is interested in developing others on a one-to-one basis. The programme is taught in a Thinking Environment — requiring respect, personal integrity and rigorous confidentiality.
In attending this programme you will and have:
- Create the time to think with rigour, courage, imagination and grace and achieve new insights on topics of your choice that are current and important to you.
- Learn how to be a Thinking Environment for others where you will generate more of their independent thinking.
- Enable others to find clarity, feel more confident and be creative to achieve more.
- Be known for modelling great listening and asking provocative questions.
- A framework with which to have powerful conversations to help others think well for themselves.
- An unparalleled experience of what happens when you provide uninterrupted listening and ask powerful questions.
- A network of like-minded individuals to practice your skills and develop confidence in using the framework and applying the 10 components of a Thinking Environment.
- The start of an outstanding brand of coaching and personal leadership that will make you stand out.
Dates: 9th-10th May, 7th June, 2019, UK
Dates: 12th-13th September, 11th October 2019, UK
- A uniquely designed infographic of the 10 components of the Thinking Environment™.
- A copy of Jane’s book ‘Are you listening, or just waiting to speak? – The secret to propelling your business relationships’.
- Direct access to Jane throughout your training to support your ongoing practice of being a Thinking Environment.
Venue in UK: Greenwoods Spa Hotel, Stock, Essex (special rates for staying guests)
Transport: 30 minutes by train from Central London to Billericay and a short taxi ride to Stock. 40 minutes by car from London Stansted or London Southend airports. By car, Stock is located just off the A12 on junction B1007 heading towards Billericay.
To apply and register your interest to attend this programme.
To hear more from the pioneer of the Thinking Environment, listen here to Jane’s interview with Nancy Kline.
Do you want to generate the best thinking and performance in others (and in yourself) so they can solve their own challenges and grow in the process?
What others have said…
I particularly appreciated they way Jane challenged me to address and overcome hidden assumptions that can hold me back, and helping me to expose a more coherent strategy for my near-term career development. I also appreciated the practical strategies we evolved for meeting certain specific challenges, particularly around managing difficult interpersonal situations. Jane has a gently challenging style, with a use of the “what else” technique to make sure situations are fully explored. This has been very effective in helping me to frame my challenges more completely and avoid mental short cuts. Jane’s approach is thorough and methodical. She has often guided me towards unearthing my own solutions, while not being afraid to share her own insights from time to time, which has been extremely valuable.
My Session with Jane was a unique opportunity for deep reflection and undisturbed thinking. Each time when the flow of my thoughts seemed to come to a dead end I felt like Jane was “holding my hand” giving me courage to dive deeper. I heard this subtle message “and what else…” which was like a light in the darkness meaning “There might be much more miracles and hidden, surprising thoughts to discover. Be brave, you are safe”. Jane has an incredible ability to create in our coaching relation space and partnership in which I was completely free and entirely safe to discover my own truth that never has been named before. Thank you Jane.
Coaching with Jane was a very positive and enriching experience. Some of the sessions were extremely challenging (and emotionally exhausting!), and really forced me to re-think my approach to certain obstacles that I thought I faced but via Jane’s questioning, discovered I could overcome. Jane exudes warmth and enthusiasm, and her coaching sessions are extremely empowering. She is an excellent listener and I always felt free to say exactly what I thought/felt, safe in the knowledge that she would not pass judgment. She is a winning combination of challenging but encouraging, and I felt that at the end of each session we always achieved a very satisfying outcome. I would wholeheartedly and unreservedly recommend her.
“Jane, you were much in demand this morning and I didn’t get a chance to say thank you in person, but I just wanted to thank you for the session.
It was lovely to see in practice some of the elements of the Thinking Environment, and to see the impact you had on all of us in how you shared your expertise and created space for us. A thoroughly worthwhile session and, professionally was struck by how beautifully paced it was.
By trade I’m a public affairs specialist, but am also a qualified coach with the Coaching Academy and working on my next diploma, but this approach seems to have so much value and resonance, and I hope to explore further next year. Many thanks!”
“Jane’s Thinking Partner Programme delivered intelligent, rigorous teaching and skills practice with patience and grace. Having attended, I have complete faith in the process and a renewed faith in mankind’s ability to work through anything when given the respect, time and space to do so. Thank you Jane for this wonderful learning opportunity”.
“I wanted to thank you immensely from the bottom of my heart for guiding us through three of the most amazing days that I have experienced in recent times. I really liked your elegant and sophisticated style which made my learning such great fun. I thoroughly enjoyed working with you and the team during the three days and can’t wait for the re-union”.
“I highly recommend Jane Adshead-Grant’s approach to delivering her individually crafted Thinking Partner Programme. She embodies courage, grace and wisdom and this creates an empowering experiential environment where I was encouraged, as both a Thinker and Thinking Partner, to be bold, courageous and to become a thinking environment. Her calm and confident presence was congruent with the components of a Thinking Environment. Her demonstrations were masterful and role modeled excellence, which truly enabled us all to reach high from the beginning. To invest in oneself to become a Thinking Partner is a worthy aspiration, to think better for oneself and to help others think independently opens a whole series of possibilities, and to train with Jane was inspirational.”
“As a coach I understand the importance of creating a coaching space and using my intuition to ‘hear’ what is unsaid. The Thinking Partnership training I undertook with Jane Adshead-Grant has brought a deeper dimension to my coaching practice: I have discovered the power of creating a space for a client to explore uninterrupted, verbalised thinking cycles is remarkable. At the same time, as a coach I have learned the power of silent attention: instead of asking the power question, I create the space for my client to ask it of themselves. This self-exploration, combined with examination of assumptions and incisive questioning, in my opinion, results in a more complete coaching conversation because the client reaches absolute clarity on their goals, and absolute conviction on the action they will take”.