TIME TO THINK COACHING COURSE
Are you looking to honour the dignity, intelligence and difference in others so they can become who they are meant to be through coaching?
Do you want to support others accomplish the change they want for themselves, to become unstuck where they may be stuck and to support their ongoing self-awareness and development?
- Have a 1:1 Thinking Session with Jane prior to the course beginning
- Recap the metaphor of how, as human beings, we think in waves and regenerate in a pause
- Explore the ways in which the human mind follows an innate path in accomplishing further outcomes we set for ourselves
- Review the continuum of non-directive – directive coaching approaches and explore the transformational impact of your effectiveness as a coach without the need to offer models, tools, frameworks unless invited to do so.
- Look at the ways in which to contract for coaching assignments and sessions. We will consider 3-way coaching sponsor conversations, request for feedback, session and in-between session management.
- Discuss how to sustain a Thinking Environment when using specific personal and professional development tools such as psychometrics.
- Experience the Diversity session. A process for impactful conversations about difference in individuals and groups.
- Develop mastery in giving generative attention, listening free from interruption and judgement and creating safety and deep trust in partnership with your client
- Discern how to help individuals keep on thinking well for themselves as themselves with your presence, innate and incisive questions
- Reflect on other forms of coach approaches and the renewed ICF core competencies.
- Feel more confident as a coach harnessing your interest, encouragement and appreciation of the human beings you have the privilege of coaching
The Coaching Course in practice:
Will include 4 days in person, 09.00 – 17.00 pm OR 6 live training sessions, held virtually: 09.00 – 13.00 pm OR 13.00 pm – 17.00 pm.
We will work in pairs and as a group throughout the course experiencing coach demonstrations, short teaching segments, discussions and practice. We are a small intimate group of 4 delegates on each programme.
Coach-practice sessions in pairs will take place in-between group training sessions.
You will have access to a selection of resources including a course manual, articles, short videos and recorded coach demos in a Thinking Environment.
On completion of the last group day, you will be invited to undertake a 6-month practicum period.
In order to qualify as a Time to Think Coach, you will need to successfully complete the following Practicum:
You will receive 4 x 60 minute 1:1, PRACTICUM SUPPORT sessions with Jane as your practicum emerging faculty member, together with email and telephone support in-between. These sessions begin after the completion of the group training. Your practicum comprises 4 elements which need to be submitted within 6 months of its commencement:
1. PRACTICE-COACH two individuals (non-course participants) in a Thinking Environment over five sessions (ten sessions in total) and document your experience, learning and questions arising and share progress with Jane.
2. EXPLICATING THE PAUSES. Demonstrate your competence in thinking through the ‘considerations’ that lead to discern what choice of next question supports the thinker keep thinking well for themselves. You will have the opportunity to discuss with Jane in which way to demonstrate your competence.
3. Complete a WRITTEN ASSIGNMENT (comparative essay) to answer the following questions:
a) In what ways do you think the Thinking Session is a genuine and effective coaching framework?
b) What do you think are the features of the Thinking Session that are not usually found in other coaching approaches that you will need to explain to your clients?
How would you explain each of them?
4. Hold TWICE WEEKLY THINKING SESSIONS over the 6-months (50 in total) to refine and develop your expertise as a coach in a thinking environment, sharing your experiences and progress, with Jane as practicum emerging faculty member.
Dates: 13th, 14th, 20th, 21st January, 10th,11th February 2021 – LIVE, ONLINE
Dates: 4th, 5th, 26th and 27th August 2021 – IN PERSON
Dates: 25th, 26th October, 1st, 2nd, 22nd 23rd November 2021- LIVE ONLINE
Venue in UK: Stock, Essex UK
Transport: 30 minutes by train from Central London to Billericay and a short taxi ride to Stock. 40 minutes by car from London Stansted or London Southend airports. By car, Stock is located just off the A12 on junction B1007 heading towards Billericay.
Your investment inclusive of the live group training sessions, course materials, in-between session support and 4 hours of Practicum support with Jane is £1895 + VAT.
Phased payments and a bursary place will be considered, upon application.
To register your interest to attend this course, please apply below.
To hear more from the pioneer of the Thinking Environment, listen here to Jane’s interview with Nancy Kline.
What others have said…
“This programme is an opportunity for you to learn from one of the best role models and teachers of the Thinking Environment®. You can expect your days to be rich with content, insights, discoveries, and participation, held together in a safe, encouraging and welcoming space. If you knew that this way of coaching your clients will give both of you a unique experience to become your best selves, what would you think?”
“A unique, empowering, robust experience which equipped us with the invaluable life skill of freeing ourselves from limiting assumptions and living nearer our true selves, and taught us how to accompany others in this lifechanging process in a safe, supportive and effective way. The possibilities unleashed by this approach to coaching and thinking are boundless!”
“Jane is a brilliant, caring, empowering host and trainer who lives the 10 components with grace. She clearly knows the process inside out and addresses each learning moment with flair and mastery. She goes out of her way to cater for all her trainees’ needs. I felt supported and nurtured. The course is very well structured, and I made a huge amount of progress over the days. The group was absolutely lovely and it was a treat to be able to share and talk around the issues that were presented for thinking. Seeing other people have the discipline to think at the edge of their awareness and persevere until the right nuance was found, and how that led to liberating solutions and opened up powerful opportunities, is giving me the courage to identify and value the nuances of my own thoughts and hold my truth as I approach various difficult situations and people.”
“Thank you, Jane, for creating such a memorable and enriching learning experience, and for your generous investment of time, input, and support in our exchanges in between training days.”
“Thank you Jane for a magical 6 days, it’s been a fabulous journey of exploring, learning and sharing with a lovely group of people.”