TIME TO THINK COACHING COURSE
Are you looking to honour the dignity, intelligence and difference in others so they can become who they are meant to be through coaching?
Do you want to support others accomplish the change they want for themselves, to become unstuck where they may be stuck and to support their ongoing self-awareness and development?
- Have a 1:1 Thinking Session with Jane prior to the course beginning
- Recap the metaphor of how, as human beings, we think in waves and regenerate in a pause
- Explore the ways in which the human mind follows an innate path in accomplishing further outcomes we set for ourselves
- Review the continuum of non-directive – directive coaching approaches and explore the transformational impact of your effectiveness as a coach without the need to offer models, tools, frameworks unless invited to do so.
- Look at the ways in which to contract for coaching assignments and sessions. We will consider 3-way coaching sponsor conversations, request for feedback, session and in-between session management.
- Discuss how to sustain a Thinking Environment when using specific personal and professional development tools such as psychometrics.
- Experience the Diversity session. A process for impactful conversations about difference in individuals and groups.
- Develop mastery in giving generative attention, listening free from interruption and judgement and creating safety and deep trust in partnership with your client
- Discern how to help individuals keep on thinking well for themselves as themselves with your presence, innate and incisive questions
- Reflect on other forms of coach approaches and the renewed ICF core competencies.
- Feel more confident as a coach harnessing your interest, encouragement and appreciation of the human beings you have the privilege of coaching
The Coaching Course in practice:
Will include 4 full days in person, 9.00 – 5.00 pm OR 6 live training sessions, held virtually: 09.00 – 2.00 pm OR 12.00 – 5.00 pm.
We will work in pairs and as a group throughout the course experiencing coach demonstrations, short teaching segments, discussions and practice. We are a small intimate group of 4 delegates on each programme.
Coach-practice sessions in pairs will take place in-between group training sessions.
You will have access to a selection of resources including a course manual, articles, short videos and recorded coach demos in a Thinking Environment.
On completion of the last group day, you will be invited to undertake a 6-month practicum period.
In order to qualify as a Time to Think Coach, you will need to successfully complete the following Practicum:
You will receive 4 x 60 minute 1:1, PRACTICUM SUPPORT sessions with Jane as your practicum emerging faculty member, together with email and telephone support in-between. These sessions begin after the completion of the group training. Your practicum comprises 4 elements which need to be submitted within 6 months of its commencement:
1. PRACTICE-COACH two individuals (non-course participants) in a Thinking Environment over three sessions (six sessions in total) and document your experience, learning and questions arising and share progress with Jane.
2. EXPLICATING THE PAUSES. Demonstrate your competence in thinking through the ‘considerations’ that lead to discern what choice of next question supports the thinker keep thinking well for themselves. You will have the opportunity to discuss with Jane in which way to demonstrate your competence.
3. Complete a WRITTEN ASSIGNMENT (comparative essay) to answer the following questions:
a) In what ways do you think the Thinking Session is a genuine and effective coaching framework?
b) What do you think are the features of the Thinking Session that are not usually found in other coaching approaches that you will need to explain to your clients?
How would you explain each of them?
4. Hold TWICE WEEKLY THINKING SESSIONS over the 6-months (50 in total) to refine and develop your expertise as a coach in a thinking environment, sharing your experiences and progress, with Jane as practicum emerging faculty member.
Dates: 13th, 14th, 20th, 21st January, 10th,11th February 2021 – LIVE, ONLINE
Dates: 1st, 2nd, 22nd, 23rd March 2021 – IN-PERSON
Dates: 13th 14th September, 4th,5th October 2021, IN-PERSON
Dates: 25th, 26th October, 1st, 2nd, 22nd 23rd November 2021, LIVE ONLINE
Venue in UK: Stock, Essex UK
Transport: 30 minutes by train from Central London to Billericay and a short taxi ride to Stock. 40 minutes by car from London Stansted or London Southend airports. By car, Stock is located just off the A12 on junction B1007 heading towards Billericay.
Your investment inclusive of the live group training sessions, course materials, in-between session support and 4 hours of Practicum support with Jane is £1895 + VAT.
Phased payments and a bursary place will be considered, upon application.
To register your interest to attend this course, please apply below.