In attending this programme you will…
- Create time to think with rigour, imagination, courage and grace about what you want for yourself and your business.
- Develop a way of listening to others to engage their thinking more productively for themselves.
- Have a framework for powerful, breakthrough conversations where you will, in fact, save time.
- Create clarity, feel more confident and be creative and, you will generate this in others, by adopting this way of leadership.
- Have a shared experience with your colleagues from which to practice and develop further the application of a Thinking Environment in your business.
The challenges we face today…
- I hear often from my clients are that they don’t have enough time to think things through.
- Their ideas are rarely listened to, really listened to and therefore they become disengaged and feel under valued.
- My clients describe their day as being back to back with meetings, many of which are not a good use of their time.
- I hear the term of ‘group think’ being banded around where the team falls into a false sense of progression where just 30% of the group contribute and it is their idea that gets taken forward which is not always the best for what is required at the time.
- Some describe their teams just saying what they think their leader wants to hear, rather than contributing their own ideas or challenging the status quo.
Being a Thinking Environment in your organisation will overcome these challenges. By offering unparalleled attention to another human being, challenging any unhelpful thinking patterns and asking powerful questions to enable breakthroughs will establish you as an outstanding leader with a brand that stands out.
I am an Accredited Time to Think coach, facilitator and teacher, a member of the Time to Think Collegiate and have trained predominately with Nancy Kline from Time to Think. Connecting with the Collegiate regularly provides me the opportunity to develop my freshest thinking and practice in the on-going developments of the Time to Think approach.
I am passionate about creating an environment for others to generate more of their independent thinking. I believe that by listening more to others, both the listener and the speaker become more, as individuals. I am keen to facilitate others to experience the profound impact of generating independent thinking in this world of increasing competition, complexity and time pressure.
I am a Master Certified Coach with the ICF and my coach training is underpinned by a post-graduate qualification in psychological coaching together with an NLP certification in coaching. I work predominately in London and have 30 years experience working as an HR practitioner and Executive Coach within professional and financial services.
But what if…
You may be thinking that 3 days is a long time out of the office. The programme is structured with two days initial learning followed by a break of up to 4-weeks before you return for the final day. This allows you time to practice and develop further your skills and return with questions and ways to develop further your skills and experience.
You may be wondering who else would benefit from this programme in your business. Learning how to be a Thinking Environment with your fellow team members can greatly enhance the experience as you will have shared experience and a jointly understood framework of working together to achieve outstanding results in less time.
The Thinking Partnership Programme is an experiential course exploring the theory and refined practice of this unique way of working one to one. This course will teach you how to be a Thinking Partner, how to run a Thinking Session and how to apply the principles of a Thinking Environment.
Throughout the course you will:
- Explore the ten components of the Thinking Environment
- Take part in Thinking Partner demonstrations to experience the theory and principles of the six-part format of the Thinking Session
- Learn about the three levels of limiting assumptions
- Discover the power of the precisely formulated incisive question that can remove limiting assumptions and create revival of creativity, clarity, rigour and courage.
The experience will take your listening and relationship building skills to new heights and is remarkably useful for leaders, managers, team leaders, coaches and mentors, in fact everyone who is interested in developing others on a one to one basis.
The course is taught in a Thinking Environment – requiring respect, personal integrity and rigorous confidentiality.
Venue: The programme can be run on-site at your offices or off-site in a venue in Central London or in the Essex region.
£6,000 plus VAT – all materials included, up to 6 participants.
Plus 3 Bonuses:
#1 uniquely designed infographics of the 10 components of the Thinking Environment
#2 copies of Jane’s book ‘Are you listening or just waiting to speak? – the secret to propel your business relationships’
#3 direct access to Jane throughout your training to support your ongoing practice of being a Thinking Environment.
What others have said…
‘I enjoyed the camaraderie of the group. I particularly valued Jane’s precision, structure and organization. Everything felt well planned and she demonstrated expert knowledge and confidence. I learned the power of the thinking environment, the importance of contracting and of the importance of words. I will embed Thinking Pairs into my coaching sessions and use at work with my colleagues.’ Jane Emmanuel, Master Coach, Penna Plc
‘Being able to share and experience with others in a true safe environment. It was useful to reflect and be able to challenge and gain insight. Taking time to think will be useful as well as the use of questions and the power of listening.’ Jake Watkins, Management Consultant, Penna Plc
‘You helped bring the books (Time to Think, More Time to Think – Nancy Kline) to life. My awareness is increased around what creates a ‘Thinking Environment’ – the components, the process and the questions. I learned the power of having space to think with a committed thinking partner.’ Mary Gregory, Lead Coach, Penna Plc
‘I found the practical demonstrations (with Jane as the thinking partner and then as the coach) very helpful. I learned the value of the ‘paradox’ around being a thinking partner and to trust the system to facilitate a real paradigm shift.’ Jo Folacci, Executive and Corporate Coach
Email Jane to book your 3-day programme in-house to secure her availability.
To learn more about the Thinking Environment from the pioneer of the Thinking Environment, listen here to Jane’s interview with Nancy Kline.